Resolution on Electromagnetic Health (PDF)
See Resolution Text Below
The U.S. Health Freedom Congress held in Schaumburg, IL yesterday adopted 16 resolutions related to health freedom, including a Resolution on Electromagnetic Health. The Congress, hosted by the National Health Freedom Coalition (NHFC) of St. Paul, Minnesota is an invitational event including 40 leading U.S. health advocacy organizations as Voting Members of the Congress.
The 40 Voting Members convened in the round to share their campaigns with each other and ‘to strategize on ways to work together, strengthening the health freedom movement through unity and solidarity’. They represent a range of health freedom concerns, including the right to choose alternative, non-pharmaceutical, health therapies; access to organic, non-GMO food; the right to purchase dietary supplements; advocacy for mercury free-dentistry; natural health approaches to autism; the direct-to-consumer agriculture segment; protection of important medicinal plants and their habitats; and groups concerned with ethics in the medical professions. An additional 80+ Congress observers sat in a circle surrounding the Voting Members of the Congress.
The Congress resolved to stand in solidarity on the Resolution on Electromagnetic Health, as well as each of the other 15 resolutions, saying for each, “Be it resolved the 2012 Health Freedom Congress has considered the following resolution and the health freedom principles embodied in this resolution and offers the support of the Member organizations to the extent determined by each organization’s governing principles.”
The Resolution on Electromagnetic Health that was adopted yesterday was submitted by ElectromagneticHealth.org, a Voting Member at the U.S. Health Freedom Congress. ElectromagneticHealth.org was represented by Duncan Campbell, Esq., Senior Advisor to ElectromagneticHealth.org and collaborator on an upcoming policy paper on the smart grid. ElectromagneticHealth.org is a leading health education and advocacy organization focused on the biological effects of electromagnetic fields. It educates the media, state, local and federal government officials, physicians and other health practitioners, business leaders, schools, parents groups and the public. For further information go to www.ElectromagneticHealth.org.
Groups in attendance included, among others, Alliance for Natural Health – USA, Autism One, Citizens for Health, DAMS Dental Amalgam Mercury Solutions, Direct Farm to Consumer Legal Defense Fund, ElectromagneticHealth.org, Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance, Gary Null Radio Show, Healthkeepers, IAACN International and American Association of Clinical Nutritionists, Michigan Health Freedom Coalition, Minnesota Natural Health – Legal Reform Project, National Health Federation, National Health Freedom Action, National Health Freedom Coalition, North American Society of Homeopaths NASH, Ohio Health Freedom Coalition, Sunshine Health Freedom Foundation, Texas Health Freedom Coalition, The Institute for Responsible Technology, United Plant Savers, Virginians for Health Freedom and Voice for HOPE (Healers of Planet Earth). More information can be found at www.nationalhealthfreedom.org.
Text of the U.S. Health Freedom Congress’s Resolution on Electromagnetic Fields – See Below (PDF here).
Links to all Resolutions adopted at the Congress can be found at the end of this post.
Upcoming Conference on Electromagnetic Fields October 2012
ElectromagneticHealth.org’s founder, Camilla Rees, and other experts on electromagnetic fields, will be speaking at the upcoming conference of the International Institute for Bau-Biologie® and Ecology in Washington, DC, “Healthy Bodies, Healthy Buildings: Creating Safe Havens in a Toxic Electromagnetic World”, October 11-16, 2012.
The Bau-Biologie® conference will include Dr. William Rea, MD of the Environmental Health Center in Dallas, Devra Davis, PhD, MPH of the Environmental Health Trust, Anne Louise Gittleman, PhD, author of Zapped and many other best-selling books on health, Martin Blank, PhD of Columbia University, James S. Turner, Esq. of Citizens for Health, visionary Duncan Campbell, Esq., and Tim Schoechle, PhD, expert in smart grid technologies. There will also be a post-conference workshop including renowned green building architect, Paula Baker-Laporte, FAIA. Dr. Schoechle, who is an expert in smart grid technologies, will present the findings of the upcoming paper, “Getting Smarter About the Smart Grid”, emphasizing the need for a different technological approach to achieve the nation’s sustainability goals. To be put on the mailing list for this paper, please email info@GettingSmarterAboutTheSmartGrid.org.
The Institute for Bau-Biologie® and Ecology teaches professionals from many fields how to create healthy homes, offices and schools, free of electromagnetic radiation, airborne toxins, and indoor pollutants and its faculty and graduates offer leading edge consulting services in green building and green living. Its 2012 Annual Conference, which is open to the public in all professions, will be held October 11-16 at the Westfields Marriott near Dulles Airport outside Washington, DC.
To Register go to http://hbelc.org/conference-2012.html
International Institute of Bau-Biologie® & Ecology Conference – October 11-16, 2012
“Healthy Bodies, Healthy Buildings: Creating Safe Havens in a Toxic
Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles
14750 Conference Center Drive
Chantilly, Virginia 20151
Conference Reservation: http://hbelc.org/conference-2012.html
Hotel Booking w/IBE Discount: http://www.hbelc.org/hotel-booking.html
Resolution on Electromagnetic Health (PDF)
USHFC-2012-Resolution Re: Electromagnetic Health
Resolution On Electromagnetic Health
2012 The U.S. Health Freedom Congress
Schaumburg, IL, June 14, 2012
Submitted by ElectromagneticHealth.org
Whereas electromagnetic radiation emitted by cell phones, cellular antennas, wireless devices, wireless computer equipment, DECT portable phones, wireless ‘smart boards’ in schools, wireless utility ‘smart meters’, etc., have been shown in numerous well documented peer-reviewed studies to lead to biological disregulation, impaired cognitive function, reduced fertility, damaged DNA and increased incidence of acute and chronic conditions, including cancers, heart irregularities, difficulty sleeping, joint pain, dizziness, tinnitus and stress; and
Whereas the risk from electromagnetic fields involves the low frequency ELF fields (electric and magnetic fields), intermediate frequencies (dirty electricity) and high frequencies (radiofrequency (RF), including microwaves as emitted by cell phone and consumer wireless technologies), and both ELF and RF fields have been separately classified by the World Health Organization’s International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) as Class 2B ‘Possible Carcinogens’ and have been the subject of numerous resolutions warning of the risks from international scientists, physicians, psychologists and government agencies; and
Be it acknowledged that:
- Health, DNA, productivity and the environment are being negatively impacted by the presence of man-made electromagnetic fields in home, work, school, community and natural environments.
- Non-stop proliferation of electromagnetic fields has continued unabated for two decades, largely unchallenged by public health and government officials, despite ample evidence of harm.
- Sensitivity to electromagnetic fields varies between people, due to known and unknown reasons, including past exposures; cumulative exposure; duration and intensity of exposures; presence of heavy metals, chronic infections, dental amalgams and other stressors; differences in detoxification capacities; opportunity for downtime without exposure to electromagnetic fields, etc. Over time, and with increasing exposure, more people feel the effects of electromagnetic fields, some to the point of functional or cognitive debilitation. It has been estimated that 3-8% of people in developed countries suffer from electromagnetic field exposures, and these numbers are expected to increase.
- Electrohypersensitive individuals who are otherwise ambitious and qualified are increasingly unable to attend schools, hold jobs or participate in society. Many have left homes due to neighborhood cellular towers and antennas, radiation-emitting utility ‘smart meters’ and neighbors wireless devices, whose radiation easily passes through walls and permeates their personal premises. A fringe class has emerged at the edge of society, unable to comfortably co-exist with current levels of electromagnetic fields. This population is expected to increase as exposures continue to rise.
- ‘Second-hand’ unavoidable, involuntary exposure to electromagnetic fields is impairing quality of life, causing illness and making 100% of society ultimately vulnerable to illness, cognitive dysfunction and other acute and chronic illnesses.
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that Congress should take immediate and effective measures to assure the health of individuals and society is not being unknowingly eroded by excessive exposures to electromagnetic fields, including:
1. Assuring the population is widely educated on the known, as well as potential, risks of electromagnetic field exposures, and on the many different sources of these exposures, including exposures from consumer technologies, residential and occupational settings, and neighborhood telecommunications and utility infrastructure. Efforts might include 1) funding public safety announcements; 2) requiring point of sale educational materials; 3) requiring manufacturer warning labels; 4) assuring institutional cooperation in an electromagnetic field (EMF) educational campaign (e.g. among employers, educational institutions, hospitals, medical schools, parenting organizations and other community groups, etc.); 5) requiring disclosure of known internal and external electromagnetic field risks in real estate transactions (e.g. antennas on the roof or premises; wireless utility smart meters or relay antennas on buildings; neighborhood cell towers or antennas within distances research shows cancer clusters and symptoms of electrosensitivity occur; wiring errors; high levels of dirty electricity on wiring; etc.), and, importantly, 6) clarifying for the public that the present Federal Communications Commission (FCC) safety guidelines for wireless technologies a) are designed to protect against one form of risk alone, the thermal, or heating, effects, but not the non-thermal effects, nor effects from signal characteristics, both of which are biologically active; b) that the RF/MW guidelines are based on relatively very short exposure periods (minutes), compared to actual exposures common today (hours, or sometimes 24/7); c) that besides a ‘cause and effect’ relationship between exposure and effects, where one would expect the greater the exposure the greater the effect, there are, as well, paradoxical effects, where the lower the exposure the greater certain effects, such as, for example, on the brain; and d) that some scientists believe there is sufficient evidence today suggesting there may not be a safe exposure level from cumulative and chronic exposures to wireless technologies at all, and, that prudent avoidance, and a change to safer, shielded communication technologies, is required; or, finally 7) funding the training of a skilled workforce able to accurately measure electromagnetic fields to enhance people’s awareness of this public health issue.
The first part of this Resolution is calling for citizens to be educated on the known, and suspected risks, from electromagnetic fields so they may be empowered to make health-promoting decisions for themselves and their communities.
2. Assuring citizens are empowered to ‘opt-out’ from biologically disruptive exposures to electromagnetic fields in their homes, workplaces and communities. This might involve 1) establishing cell phone and wireless-free neighborhoods, transportation options, government buildings, schools and classrooms, employment options and public spaces; 2) removing cellular and wireless technologies near vulnerable populations, such as at or near schools, health care and retirement facilities, as has been recommended by the European Parliament; 3) repealing Section 704 of the Telecommunications Act of 1996, which took away the rights of state and local governments to stop the erection of cell towers and wireless antennas in their communities based on “environmental” grounds (defined by FCC to include “human health” grounds); 4) assuring the safer and more secure land-line telephone network remains an option; 5) assuring citizens in their homes, as well as employees, have the option of a hard-wired internet connection, such as through existing cable, phone line or fiber optics networks; and 6) assuring the right to ‘opt-out’ from radiation-emitting wireless utility ‘smart meters’ whose metering function can be more safely and economically accomplished using existing hard-wire communications networks.
This Resolution is thus also calling for citizens to have the right to ‘opt-out’ of acute and chronic exposures to technologies using electromagnetic fields that have been demonstrated to be potentially harmful, thereby personally taking precautionary and preventive health actions.
The Seletun Scientific Statement (January 2011):
“Scientists, Led by Karolinska Institute’s Olle Johansson, PhD, Recommend Global Governments Adopt New Exposure Guidelines for Electromagnetic Radiation—Pointing to Biological Hazards and Risks to the Genetic Code from Unchecked Proliferation of Wireless Technologies”
Resolution on Electromagnetic Health (PDF)
Download PDFs of the other Resolutions adopted at the 21012 Health Freedom Congress:
Autism Resolution 8A
California Right to Know Genetically Engineered Food Resolution 3B
Dental Amalgam (Mercury) Fillings Resolution 9A
Dietary Supplement Protection Resolution 4A
FDA Treatment of Synthetic Botanicals Resolution 16A
FDA Warning Letters Resolution 15A
Food Freedom Resolution 6B
Genetically Engineered Food Right to Know Resolution 3A
Informed Consent Resolution 14A
Misrepresentations of High Fructose Corn Syrup HFCS Resolution 5A
Protecting Humanity from Mercury-containing Drugs Resolution 1A
Protecting the Profession of Colon Hydrotherapy Resolution 13A
Right to Refuse Vaccination Resolution 7A
Water Fluoridation Resolution 8A
Please support our work by making
a tax-deductible donation.
We are 100% donation-based
and need your support
to educate, communicate and analyze
critical developments in this field.
Thanks so much for your help!
Please give generously.
We depend on you.